Tuesday 10 April 2007

1st Day at Django

Edinburgh, April 10th, 2007

I got up pretty early today to try and open up a bank account so I could get paid for all the hard work I was going to be doing. I wanted to be there when they opened, at nine o'clock, but because I was having such a nice breakfast in the park, I arrived there at nine thirty. There aren't really lines at the bank over there, someone actually comes up to you and helps you right away, which is nice. I asked how long it would take to open up a new account and they told me it would take about half an hour, so I decided to go to work and take care of the account during my lunch break, which they told me, wouldn't be a problem.
I called up my letting agent, to see when I could finally move into my new appartment. He needed a reference from a friend/former landlord before he could move me in. I had sent him an email with the reference in it, but he said he didn't get it. Great. So in stead of moving in the next day, like we agreed, I could move in on Friday, if I could get him the reference of course.
After I got off from work I waddled back to the hostel I was staying at (we went to the pub on an empty stomach) and had a good night sleep. Except that I woke up in the middle of the night and found out my new roommates left the light on during the night. I guess I'm braver than I thought I was.
End of first day.

No comments: